How To Tap
You can start using this amazing tool by yourself right now to relieve your problems and stressors in your daily life.
This may seem strange at first, but just do it anyway and see how it can help you.
Before you begin the step-by-step instructions, first just answer these two questions:
- What do you do to have fun?
- What makes you feel relaxed and happy?
Pick something from the past and remember a time when you enjoyed yourself doing these fun things. Perhaps you enjoy going to the movies, or socialising with your friends. Remember what that felt like. Notice where you feel this good feeling in your body.
Allow yourself to enjoy it in this moment, put yourself back there again, really feel it, see it, any smells, any sensations, make it real in your mind … good job.
Now let’s move on to the instructions –
1. Think of something (or someone) that bothers you. It could be something your mother said. The way someone looked at you. Pick something that irritates, hurts or angers you right now and focus on it.
2. Notice how you know you are bothered. What does that mean? Well, look inside yourself at the end result of your problem. What is your reaction? Notice how you react when you think of this problem. Is it a sensation in your body? What does it feel like? Just notice. Do you see a picture of the person or situation? Again, just notice what you see. Feel it, see it, hear it, and just notice your internal reaction to it.
3. If you like to measure the outcome of this technique for yourself now, rate the intensity of your stressed reaction. For example, between zero to ten. Zero, it’s not bothering you at all. Ten, it’s REALLY uncomfortable.
4. Now take your index and middle finger and tap between your eyes. You can say the words “Let it go” or just tap silently.
5. Focus your attention on your fingers and how they feel tapping on your face. Tap a few times.
6. Then move on to the side of your eyes, tap a few times, say “Let it go“.
7. Under your eyes, tap a few times and say “Let it go“.
8. Then your collarbone where your necklace would fall, tap a few times, say “Release and let it go“.
9. It doesn’t matter what side of your face and which hand you use to tap, you can use either or even both.
10. Now grab your wrist, take a deep breath and as you exhale deeply, think of that memory you started with that makes you feel happy or relaxed. Say the word “Peace”, or pick a word that resonates with you. The key is that it’s a feel good sensation and a peaceful or joyful word or feeling for you.
11. Now go back and think about your problem again. Is it as strong as before? Notice how you know it’s still bothering you and do another round of tapping with your fingers. Grab your wrist, take another deep breath and as you exhale, say your ‘special’ word again and remember that good time in your life.
12. Repeat until you feel completely good about your problem. You will notice a change after each round.
Chances are it changed quite a bit. Remember your rating before? What would you rate it now? Maybe it’s down to zero.
Maybe not, but it will have changed somewhat.
That’s you letting go of your feelings around this problem, thus releasing the tension and the anxiety.
It’s really this easy. You can use this simple technique any time you feel stressed or upset.
There are more in depth (but still simple) parts to this process for addressing your past emotional traumas, painful memories, deep seated fears and negative beliefs about yourself. This is a great practical coping tool to use for every day stressors that occur in your day-to-day life.
You can watch hundreds of videos for FREE on YouTube.com/HealingMagic. The creator of this technique, Robert G. Smith. There are many practitioners all over the world using this technique and it has worked with thousands of people to help them release and let go of countless issues.
I work with clients on Skype using FasterEFT techniques. Interested in a session? My Skype name is Margi Batson
Contact me email@example.com.